Bienvenido, Invitado
Por favor Entrar o Registrarse.    Contraseña olvidada?

Car engine revving problem, need advice.
(1 viendo) (1) Invitado
Foro de coches: Resolución de cuestiones sobre la compra venta alquiler de coches, financiación, garantías y reclamaciones, seguros, problemas técnicos habituales.
AbajoPágina: 1
TEMA: Car engine revving problem, need advice.
Car engine revving problem, need advice. hace 5 Años, 9 Meses Karma: 0
Hello,

My car normal idles at ~600rpm, put it in neutral this is where it sits or if you're stopped at a light. Well three times now when I started it up the engine starts revving. It will rev up and down between 1,100 and 1,600rpm. It will shoot up to 1,600, drop down and as soon as it hits 1,100 it shoots back up to 1,600, over and over. It does this when it's in park or neutral. If I sit in drive at a light it refuses to drop below 1,100rpm. It just randomly happens, I'll start up my car to go to eat dinner and it does it, when I'm done with dinner and go home it's fine. I've tried turning it off and then back on immediately when it happens and it still does it. I've tried revving the engine in park and that doesn't affect anything. The only thing that seems to work is time, if I let it sit for 30+ minutes, next time I start it there is a very good chance it won't happen. However, the times it has happened my car has been sitting anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours. Like I said it's random. Anyone have this happen to them? Anyone know why it's happening?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=878518
Startup video company

Thank you.
jotat
jotat
graphgraph
graphgraph
Usuario Offline Presiona aquí para ver el perfil de este usuario
El administrador ha deshabilitado la escritura pública.

ArribaPágina: 1